French Drone Regulations – Updated as of 6/23/2015
NOTE: On 12/12/2014 the French government released these guidelines.
Here are the major guidelines for French drone regulations.
- Only fly your aircraft during daylight and in good weather (not in clouds or fog).
- Always keep your aircraft in sight, where you can see it with your own eyes – not only through an on-board camera, monitor or smartphone.
- Don’t fly closer than 5 km from any airport, heliport, or aerodrome.
- Don’t fly higher than 150 meters from above the ground.
- Don’t fly in populated areas or near large groups of people, including sporting events, concerts, festivals, and firework shows.
- Don’t fly within restricted airspace
We will keep this updated as French drone regulations evolve over time.
Interested in reviewing regulations in other countries? Stop by our global drone regulations guide.