Luxembourg Drone Regulations – Updated as of 5/21/2015
We spoke with the government to learn more about current Luxembourg drone regulations. Here is what they shared with us:
- No flights above 50 meters over soil are allowed
- No people or animals can be overflown
- The pilot must have a license allowing him to operate UAV
- The UAV is only allowed to operate within a predefined working area box
- The working area must be limited for public access
- The UAV must be programmed not to leave the delimited working area box under any condition.
- The UAV pilot must always keep direct eye contact with the UAV (line of sight)
- In case of any malfunction the UAV must immediately initiate a safe auto-landing maneuver
- UAV must land immediately when manned aircraft approaches
- All operators have to be covered by a specific insurance certificate
Interested in reviewing regulations in other countries? Stop by our global drone regulations guide.